PivaBend for Profiles
For Profiles we have two types of bending stations: FLW for parts with big bottom width and FLN for parts with small bottom width.
Typical Profile-type products for PivaBend:
Lighting fixture bodies, refridgeration and cable trails.
Typical reasons for developing bending processes are growing capacity needs, cost efficiency in production and quality requirements with strict tolerances.
Starting point is also the use of a press brake, roll former or forming presses in manufacturing which all require (exc. roll former) operators to attend the machine, handle material, position work pieces and unload the parts by hand and more efficiency is required. Cycle times, batch sizes and set up times affect the cost a lot.
PivaBend for Profiles meets these challenges as follows:
- The loading of blanks is done automatically by feeding them straight from the punching center or with a de-stacker from a blank storage. PivaBend benders work according to the wing forming principle which prevents any marking of sensitive surface or wear on the tooling.
- Both parallel sides are bent at the same time or separately, depending on the product.
- Feeders and folding tools are all CNC controlled.
- Programming of next part is prepared while the line is running.
- Other set up for the machine is the bending radius affected by the tool clearance adjustment which can be carried out manually or straight from the program.
Loading of blanks for bending
When loading PivaBend bending center with blanks from a storage system, there is an automated de-stacker in place. The Trolleys for pallets can be fixed or motorized, equipped with rails on the top of the floor.
Bending station for the sides
The FLN bending station for sides is well suited for narrow work pieces on which the bottom width is small. It is designed to bend two short parts at the same time, or longer parts one at the time. On the FLN bending station the bending units are stationary and the transport of the work piece through the bending station is taken care by CNC gripper feeders.
The FSW bending station for sides is well suited for wide work pieces on which the bottom width is big. It is designed for one longer part a time. The bending units are traversing and the transport of the work piece through the bending station is taken care by CNC gripper feeders.
Discharge of panels
Profiles are discharged and stacked typically by hand. However, robots have been used for loading of blanks for bending and for palletizing of profiles.