PivaPunch for Ventilation Equipment
Punched blanks of different sizes for ventilation equipment are punched and cut from a common coil. A multidecoiler system was invented for the customer.
The PivaPunch Punching and Cutting Center for Ventilation Equipment consists of the following main line components:
- Multidecoiler system with material changer for 3 coils and a coil storage for 4 coil stands, 1 coil car.
- Straightener to remove coil tension.
- Station for CNC punching of strip and for cutting to length of nests.
- Cut to Width station (CtW) where the blanks are separated from the nest.
- Pick and Place type Stacker customized to the needs.
- Software to read in the job list from the ERP, nesting of parts, part tooling, work list and reports back to ERP.
The Multidecoiler system allows 3 coils to be loaded at the same time, and the material on-run can be switched in 2 minutes.
Punching the second nest and cutting to width of the first nest take place at the same time – in a single pass, straight from the coil.
In the punching station, two parts are punched at the same time using Thick Turret tools set in two Tool cassettes.
Dedicated press tools can be used for perforation, standard hole patterns, large holes and for forming.
The material utilization is the highest possible. No scrap between the parts in X-direction and parts are nested side by side in the optimum way.
Coils of standard width with raw edges from the steel mill are used. Part dimensions, both the length and the width - and the hole patterns are programmable. Also pre-cut blanks for turrets can be produced on Just In Time basis.
Quality of blanks
All four sides of blanks are cut in shears, each with one stroke, instead of having been nibbled resulting in good edge quality without tolerance peaks.